A Virtual Gallery VS Actually Going to a Gallery
We was tasked with finding the pros and cons of viewing a virtual gallery and comparing them to the pros and cons of actually visiting a museum. For the case of example we will be using The Nintendo 3DS Guide: Louvre and the Louvre Museum in Paris.
Nintendo 3DS Guide: Louvre
- Its a lot cheaper to buy the 3DS Guide than actually going to the Museum.
- It can be used from the comfort of your own home, and you won’t have to travel all the way to The Louvre just to view everything
- It can be accessed anywhere and at anytime instead of a set time and location.
- You can use it at the Louvre as a Personal tour guide instead of having someone show you around.
- You can take your time looking at things instead of having to keep up with the tour guide.
- If you miss any information, you can listen to it again at a later time.
- You can set your own route and use it as a map to navigate around the museum.
- You can use it to get familiar with the area before you actually go to the museum.
- You can Borrow a 3Ds with the guide at the Louvre for a small fee.
- You can search art quickly in specific categories.
- You can feel the full experience of actually visiting the museum, instead your looking at a digital representation of the art.
- The 3D Models of the statues are at a lot lower quality than actually viewing them in the museum.
- The 3D feature on the game can hurt the users eyes.
- You can’t ask questions that you might have to a certain artist or piece of art.
- You can’t look at the paintings at different angles to see the brush strokes or the way they where made.
- The only way to obtain the game is though the Nintendo E-shop and can’t be bought in stores.
- It requires an internet connection to update and download.
Visiting the Louvre
- You can see all the art they have on display with your very own eyes.
- You can get the experience of seeing the art that was painted by the actual artist.
- You can ask the guide some questions that you may have on your mind.
- You can see displays that they might be showing for a limited time.
- You can visit with friends and family to enjoy the experience together than crowding around a small screen.
- You can look at any angle you like just by moving around.
- You can take photos and film some of the displays. (if they allow it)
- You can buy a souvenir from the gift shop.
- You can get a beverage from the café that is found in the museum
- It can get Crowded as there are a lot of people wanting to view the art as well.
- Its a lot more expensive to travel and experience Louvre than buying the game.
- You can’t look at all the displays in one visit.
- You can’t take breaks on tours.
While the guide is much more convenient and cheaper, its also amazing to experience the Louvre in person so its a matter of opinion on which is better. if your just want to look at the art quickly then the guide is the best choice. but if you want the full experience visiting the Louvre is better. This will help me in my own virtual gallery by giving me ideas on how i can give information about the different models and images in my gallery.
Source: Nintendo 3DS Guide Louvre | Nintendo 3DS | Games | Nintendo. 2015. Nintendo 3DS Guide Louvre | Nintendo 3DS | Games | Nintendo. [ONLINE] Available at:https://www.nintendo.co.uk/Games/Nintendo-3DS/Nintendo-3DS-Guide-Louvre-822301.html. [Accessed 23 November 2015].